Friday, May 8, 2009

Riverside Girl is Back to Point the Way by Sandy Carlson

Blog Name: Writing in Faith
Memes: My World Tuesday & Skywatch Friday
Origin: Connecticut, USA
Date: May 4 and 7, 2009

I had to add yet another picture of this monument this week. From this perspective, the stone on which she writes "he shall live" reflects the heavens on a warm spring day.

That's what makes arts intriguing, where we can draw our own interpretation base on how we perceived about the subject or object of interest. (My World Tuesday).

This is my favorite memorial statute at Riverside Cemetery in Waterbury, Connecticut. She is so vibrant, so sensual, so alive. So young. So sad. I love the way she unselfconsciously insists on life, is life.

It's interesting to find creative people with creative minds. You certainly posted something beyond skywatching.

Both subject and object did compliment with each other as what the story of this picture demonstrated.
(Skywatch Friday)

**********
Subject: Weekend of a Snapshot: A Rose of a Day
Date: May 10, 2009

I took a break from the housework on Friday afternoon when I noticed the sunlight--a novel and welcome sight at the end of a rainy week--illuminating these rose petals. Sometimes the little things are celebrations all by themselves.

Happy Mother's Day to you Sandy.

Having a poetic mind, I am very much in accord to your apt description about the illuminated Yellow Rose above. Exquisite!

**********
Blog Name: Writing in Faith: Poems
Date: May 4, 2009
Poem: What's That Like?

Whenever I find an oyster shell
Soft as talcum and smooth as a bone....


I ponder the same too. Oysters do have mysterious life on their own. Their shells may actually look ugly, but inside lies the jewel of sea. So they cannot be judge by their cover, because the Pearl of wisdom is beneath their silken meat.

Poem: Slowly
Date:Thursday, May 14, 2009

Opening Line:

I would capture the leaves
As they fall
To save them the hard fate
Of touching a cold
Unwelcoming earth


I have a different view in understanding the poem besides the slow fall and death of the leaves unwelcomed by the earth.

There is more of social connotation beyond exploration of the metaphor closely similar to Amias ponderings. (Here, I will leave it at that).

My comment will serve as mental challenge to the readers.

Great brevity of your thought Sandy. One that stirs up intellectual minds.


**********

Blog Name: Writing in Faith:Thoughts and Memes
Subject: The Cracked Pot
Date: may 2, 2009

Intro:

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.


What a sage your Dad has passed down on you! Yes, we often see the flaw unmindful that beneath the flaw, "beauty rests".

And I am not ashamed of my flaws for without them, nothing can be improved about myself.

"We need to look around what others say about life, for us to be able to see our own".~lcd, 13th May 2009


Subject: Carlson? Who's That?
Date: April 03, 2009

Thought to Ponder

So when I got married, I kept my name. For the same reason men keep their names, I kept mine. I didn't care who liked it or not. Still don't. I am who I am. When my daughter came, she took the name that reflected the people and the values I cherish. So it goes. I am my father's daughter. I love him. He loves me. I'd lay my life down for him. He taught me how to care, what to value, why to be honest.


I have admiration for your father Sandy and for you. I uphold my father's name. My father might not be a perfect man, but he passed down to me a legacy that has no monetary equity. His teachings were considered far more than as my Inheritance.

What I feel sorry for, though I really am not keen using the word SORRY, on behalf of my children is that, my children's father allowed himself to be obsessed of his own SELFISHNESS.

My daughters have no memory of him. He turned his back away from them. Not a sign of being a human father. It's a shameful story that one day, he will admit too late whether he likes it or not that he discredited himself for things he did that he will never be proud of.

I stripped off his name from my children, his children, our children. I did not do it on my own, but the school gave me the opportunity for my girls to take my NAME instead of his without going into the hullabaloo of litigation. We did not create a bitter drama about our life. It was good on the other hand, as he never caused us any further harm other than complete abandon, neglect and deprivation of our children.

Like you said, why else did your grandfather married your father's mother?

So my children keep my NAME as you do YOURS.

To the word of my ex - "everything happens for a reason".


No comments: