Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blog Your Blessing by Sandy Carlson



Blog Name: Writing in Faith
Date:Aug. 21, 2009



Subject: Rip Tide II in the Granite State

Oh Sandy, when it comes to children, I thought our experience is only confined to our cultural background, to our upbringing. Little did I realize we all go through the same drama and the same predicament as mother as with our daughters.

One time, my eldest blamed me for raising them "goody - goody". She pointed out that all the while I only showed them beauty but failed to tell them the ugly part.

That part made me speechless but I opted to remain quiet and didn't offer an explanation. Whether it was right or wrong, I firmly kept quiet.

In truth, I could have told my girls about that aspect of life, you called rip tide. But then again, through my philosophical mind, I wanted my girls to find out themselves what life is outside their comfort zone and see if they could handle it. They knew my overprotectiveness. Yet, in that case, I let them explore the outside world away from home.

As it turned out, they did learn two things themselves including friendship. That there are only two polarities that exist: positive and negative.

I could not ingrained to them the negative side of life, least they become paranoid. However, I did equip them with caution. Now, I feel they realized the values I taught them some of which were left unspoken.

Bit emotional in this post Sandy.

No comments: