Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Thank You and other things



Blog Name: That British Woman
Origin: Canada
Date: June 9, 2009
Subject: A thank you and other things

I know I don't say this often enough to you all but I truly do appreciate the time you take out of your day to pop by and read my little old blog. For those of you who comment, an extra thank you.

Guess what Lady? I am very happy and honoured to be the first to read your blog rather the first to comment. Sounds like a country life makes you happier. It's only in the beginning that dust are easily visible. But to the people who would come and say hello to you, they are invisible.

I prefer wooden floors to carpeted floors. Just mop out with old soft clothes using your feet and all is well with you. A healthy exercise for you as well. Good to stimulate your circulation.

As to internet, am using flat rate broadband service. That way, I don't have to worry about the bills.

Rhubarb? Hmmm love rhubarb just by itself. Boiled with ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, sugar to sweeten with a bit of butter and serve with vanilla icecream.

I also love your new header. Very green countryside.

Cheers from the land down under!


**********

Subject: Odds and ends at the acreage
Date: June 8, 2009

Thistles and dandelions, in Australia a plenty. Don't worry about it. Part of country practice. lol.

As to writing letters, I used to write the whole world letters everyday. My mother complained. What for? For the postage expense of course.

I have boxes after boxes of them because I keep them all even the cards. Some are in my scrap books and when internet took charge, I hardly have time to go over my junk to sort them and still refused to throw them away.

About the bills? I learned something from Ophrah Winfrey Show.
Unplug all electrical gadgets when not in use. I believe it's working. Besides putting away each fortnight towards my bill, my electrical wattage is really minimal. I don't use TV much, I rarely cook because I'm alone. I cooked once in every two days and just reheat when needed otherwise the extra is kept in the freezer, so that's another energy saver.

I write to few people I knew from the internet and it's rewarding to get fresh handwritten letters.

Cheers!

I have already posted your link to my blob comments. You may like giving it a peek. Thanks.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for featuring me, I really appreciate that.

Gill

DeniseinVA said...

Great idea for a blog. I've enjoyed looking through it. I know Gill's blog and enjoy visiting regularly. Thanks for all the links.